Sunday, November 28, 2010

Part of History

In keeping this old of a sewing machine it may be seem that I am holding onto the past but I enjoy carrying on the traditions that my Grandmother, and others of her generation, have started.


The PFAFF 297 is a machine that was built to last. Almost all its components are made from metal, compared to most machines today which are housed in plastic.
Also the 297 has a less features then the computerized versions today, but it has all the main components to sew almost anything.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    I have a PFAFF 297 too! It even says "Made in Western Germany" on the back. I feel like it's going to last a hundred years.
    Have you had any issues with yours? I just finished taking mine apart and putting it back together because I broke 3 needles making 3 face masks. I think the problem was a little piece of old thread jammed into the bobbin in a bad place. Have you had any?

    ReplyDelete